Tour des Chutes is possible because of our generous community of sponsors, donors, participants and volunteers. The funds raised directly support cancer survivors in our Central Oregon community.
Tour des Chutes works hard to ensure we are making the highest and best use of donated funds. We give to programs that:
- Positively impact a large number of people with cancer in Central Oregon
- Fund non-medical basic needs for those who require the most assistance
- Fund programs that effectively engage people in relationships, community, and social networks
These programs include:
St. Charles Cancer Center and Cancer Survivorship Program
The St. Charles Cancer Treatment Center provides survivorship programs and non-medical basic needs. Survivorship programs include social/support groups, education, recreation, integrative therapies, and Soaring Spirits Summer Camp for Cancer Survivors and their families. Non-medical basic needs include funds for food, gas cards, utilities, and prosthetics. These programs are estimated to support more than 5,000 people.
The Pediatric Foundation is devoted to Central Oregon children with cancer and their families who must travel long distances to receive necessary surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and bone marrow transplants.
Your contribution directly supports these families with their travel expenses and has an direct impact on their ability to care for their child.
In addition, we are creating new partnerships in 2017:
- Bend Parks and Recreation: Fund access to classes for Survivors to regain strength and select classes based on their individual interests and schedule.
- Mosaic Medical: Fund non-medical basic needs.
- OHSU Knight Cancer Institute: Fund travel assistance to Central Oregonians receiving treatment at OHSU in Portland.
- On occasion, TdC will be contacted by someone in our local community for help with urgent/critical needs. We have a reserve fund available to support these rare but important requests.