Tour des Chutes is a fundraiser for St. Charles Cancer Survivorship Programs and Pediatric Foundation.
In 2018, the 100 Mile Tour des Chutes cycling distance will be ridden in honor of Dr. Marika Stone. Tour des Chutes wishes to remember Marika after her tragic and sudden death on December 30, 2017 when she was struck by a legally impaired driver while riding her bike with friends east of Bend, Oregon. Marika was 38 years old.
As an avid cyclist, Marika was a huge supporter of Tour des Chutes. Marika was passionate about the 100 mile distance and was a regular participant in our annual event.
In addition to celebrating Marika’s life and love of cycling, Tour des Chutes will be highlighting rider safety for both cyclists and motorists. Marika’s untimely death is a terrible reminder of what can happen while driving under the influence. Our hope is that by raising awareness, we can help cyclists stay safer on our roads.
Dr. Marika Stone was a beloved part of the Bend community and her spirit lives on in those who knew her and those who are inspired by her.
Century Cue Sheet – Coming Soon!
Total Gain: 3873ft. Follow the WHITE arrows on the road.
- 6:00 am start! Are we kidding? NO, we want you back for the great food and music at the Post Ride Party before it closes @ 3:00 pm.
- This is a challenging Century, and may take longer than you anticipate.
- NEW AID STATION on Lower Bridge Way: Alpaca Country Estates will host. Please pull in and enjoy their hospitality!
- If you can’t average 15mph on the flats, we recommend the 75- miler.
- Please follow the rules of the road. Our permits and reputation depend on it.