Tour des Chutes is a fundraiser for St. Charles Cancer Survivorship Programs and Pediatric Foundation. This route uses 18 miles of the Sisters-Smith Rock State Scenic Bikeway. The course winds its way from Bend to Lower Bridge Road and the Scenic Bikeway using mostly low traffic country roads passing large farm and ranch land with some beautiful views of several Cascade Peaks. Once on the Lower Bridge Road, the ride offers some great high desert scenery, a few climbs, lots of rolling terrain, and some possible sidebar entertainment as it passes the large Alpaca ranch. At Redmond, you will head out on a loop with breath taking views to Smith Rock Park. Turning south, the route traverses the agricultural area west of Redmond, and zig-zags its way back to the town of Tumalo using low traffic rural roads with more sweeping views of the Cascade mountains to the West. From Tumalo, the route gently climbs back to Bend and the well earned Post Ride Party at the venue.
Total Gain: 3873ft. Follow the WHITE arrows on the road.
- 6:00 am start! Are we kidding? NO, we want you back for the great food and music at the Post Ride Party before it closes @ 3:00 pm.
- This is a challenging Century, and may take longer than you anticipate.
- NEW AID STATION on Lower Bridge Way: Alpaca Country Estates will host. Please pull in and enjoy their hospitality!
- If you can’t average 15mph on the flats, we recommend the 75- miler.
- Please follow the rules of the road. Our permits and reputation depend on it.