This route uses 18 miles of the Sisters-Smith Rock State Scenic Bikeway. The course winds its way from Bend to Lower Bridge Road and the Scenic Bikeway, passing farm areas with some beautiful views of several Cascade Peaks. Once on Lower Bridge Road, the ride offers some great high desert scenery, a few climbs, rolling terrain, and some possible sidebar entertainment as it passes a large Alpaca ranch. Turning south, the route traverses the agricultural area west of Redmond, and zig-zags its way back to the town of Tumalo, using low-traffic rural roads. More amazing Cascade views. From Tumalo, the route gently climbs back to Bend, and the Post Ride Party.
Special note: This route contains an unavoidable 2.5-mile section of heavily traveled Hwy. 20. Use caution and ride single file!
Total Gain: 3230ft. Follow the WHITE arrows on the road.
- 7:00 AM start. Now that’s more like it!
- No cell phone coverage on Lower Bridge Rd.
- NEW AID STATION on Lower Bridge Way: Alpaca Country Estates will host. Please pull in and enjoy their hospitality!
- NEW ROUTE CHANGE eliminates 3.6 miles of the Old Bend-Redmond Hwy. The new route has MUCH less traffic, and definitely MORE scenic. Enjoy!
- Please follow the rules of the road. Our permits and reputation depend on it.
75 Mile Cue Sheet – Coming Soon!